New Building Fire Reports
Do we need one?
This type of report is required if your development involves the following:
- Terraced Houses
- Commercial / Retail Developments
All new building construction is required to meet compliance with the following:
- Safeguard people from an unacceptable risk of injury or illness caused by fire,
- Protect other property from damage caused by fire, and
- Facilitate firefighting and rescue operations
If you have any questions about whether a fire report is required for your property, please contact us.
What do our Fire Engineers provide?
We undertake an initial preliminary review of any architectural layouts and provide initial comments to raise any non-compliances against NZBC Acceptable Solutions C/AS1-7. Within the fire engineering design report, we provide recommendations required for compliance. We will develop a Fire Engineering Design Report for the purpose of Resource and/or Building Consent Application which assesses the following:
- Building Use
- Occupancy Load Assessment
- Fire Safety Precautions
- Internal Fire Spread
- External Fire Spread – Where applicable
- Fire Service Access