Westwave Aquatic Centre, Auckland
Seismic Assessment & Retrofit
- The Westwave Aquatic Centre consists of four unique building portions designed in the 1960s, 1980s and early 2000s.
- We undertook a Detailed Seismic Assessment of the complex and provided structural concepts for improving the building to above 67%NBS and above 100%NBS.
- Each building portion is structurally very different, featuring long span trusses and highly irregular geometry.
- Detailed site inspection and investigations to determine the as-built configuration of the building;
3D linear and non-linear computer aided analysis of the primary and secondary structural elements in accordance with MBIE’s Part A and Part C.
- Design of the comparative seismic retrofit options for the various portions of the building complex.